Monday, October 7, 2013

Sorry I haven't posted much for the past two weeks! I have been learning EAGLE CAD, as I mentioned previously. I have designed the circuit myself and have drafted it independently as well. Also, I attended yet another conference (BSIDES; this time, in Orange County!).


The only interesting thing I can think to say is to describe how the circuit works. This particular set of circuits is perfectly elementary. I have a set of resistors in parallel and series, and the same with capacitors. I have used different values; doing a pattern of 3, 2, then 1 (three of one type, followed by 2 of another, then 1 of a final type). This board is called the SMT Trainer Board. It is not just meant to teach others how to do surface mount soldering, however. The idea is that a student can experimentally determine how resistors and capacitors behave in series and parallel and LATER determine how they behave when in the same circuit. This is not just why I chose to 3-2-1 pattern but, why I am going to write an Open Source Wiki instructions, as well-- to walk them through it!

Lastly, to finally "land the point" there will be a simple blink circuit (described previously) attached to the trainer board as well!

Shortly, I will have personally participated in the full product production cycle!

I also intend on loading pictures, soon-ish. We'll see! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment