Friday, July 12, 2013

Prototyping

Early on, when I began my internship at ACCX Products, inc.(which you can access HERE: http://www.accxproducts.com/content/ )  not only did I learn how to do surface soldering but, I got to build the prototype board. Here is a picture of me working on it:


Shortly thereafter, I "baked" the circuit board. I had never heard of such a thing, previously! But, when you have a high quality fiber glass circuit board, you are doing surface mount soldering (complete with soldering paste), and the parts you are using are something like infinitesimal in size, it is the optimal choice! Here is a picture of the board baking to completion:


As this is my first blog EVER, I hadn't the foresight to take a picture of the soldering paste. Consequently, I will post a picture of the soldering paste sometime next week ( July 18th-July 19th). The board worked beautifully, by-the-way ;)

Prior to all of this I had practiced surface mount soldering with a never-before-used (by ME, that is) hot air soldering iron (which I lovingly refer to as: the "blow dryer"). In preparation of the above prototyping, I should mention.

Also, because I love it so much, I will post pictures of the soldering iron which I love very dearly. Not just because of its NASA-level quality but, also because of the soldering head I use on it. I think I may name him, I love him so much!  : /

No comments:

Post a Comment